SPK is designed for pumping cooling lubricants for machine tools, condensate transfer and other purposes. The pump is designed for low to medium pressure and is very flexible as to installation length. SPK can be used for applications involving spark machine tools, grinding machines, machining centers, cooling units, industrial washing machines, filtering systems, machine tool coolants, EDM, parts washing, filtration, transfer and drainage, pressure boosting, deionized water, and hot/cold washdown.
- Can pump liquids that are thin, clean, non-explosive liquids without abrasive particles or fibres. Both water and water-soluble coolants and cutting lubricants can be pumped.
- The pump is fitted with a totally enclosed, fan-cooled standard motor with principal dimensions according to NEMA.
- The pump is a multistage, centrifugal pump with mechanical shaft seal according to DIN 24960. Mounting flange sizes according to DIN 5440. To meet specific depths of tanks or containers, the installation length of the pump can be varied using empty chambers.
- Featuring maintenance-free mechanical seals, they are self-priming, self-venting and are designed to operate at pressures up to 145 PSI and temperature extremes of 15° - 210°F. A positive priming screw eliminates dry running. The unique suction strainer can be removed for easy maintenance.
- The highly efficient design of the Grundfos immersible pumps features stainless steel construction for vital components, assures corrosion-free reliability and saves energy costs.
- The pumps are direct-coupled and available with a NEMA-C face and 60 HZ motors. The MTC extended shaft motor design eliminates the need for a coupling, resulting in a very low profile design for restricted height applications. Designed to be mounted vertically.